Are my child's contents covered whilst at university or boarding school?


Your child's contents are covered at university or boarding school. We'll pay up to the policy limits shown on your latest schedule, for household contents whilst kept in a locked room within college/university halls of residence or a boarding school.


Loss or damage exclusions that apply: whilst the contents are being moved, worn or carried caused by theft or attempted theft unless force and violence is used to enter or leave the property to contents during holiday periods if the locked room is unoccupied for more than 15 consecutive days.


Any contents kept outside the UK Cover can be extended for items that are taken outside of the student accommodation provided personal possessions cover is included or the item is specified under the policy.


Was this helpful?